Sunday, February 28, 2016

Wedges and Fries

I'm into fried potatoes all of a sudden for some reason. 
(I mean to draw. I've always liked them to eat.)

Here are some potato wedges from KFC ~




And here are some curly fries from Jack in the Box ~


They're both 5" x 7", drawn with Caran d'ache Pablos on Strathmore 400 Bristol.
I have prints in 2 sizes, and the originals for sale in my etsy shop.

I'd like to do a couple more of these fried potato pieces - maybe some crinkle cut fries, and some regular straight ones. I also love Tater Tots. And then there are hash browns, "country potatoes", waffle fries, the list goes on. I just thought it would be fun to do a little series, and then people might like to get a couple of their favorites to frame up on the kitchen wall. 

A fun thing I'm doing is saving the receipts from these 'french fry purchases' for taxes. I mean, they are reference material, right? 

1 comment:

Melissa B. Tubbs said...

Love, love, love the potato series! What a great reason for eating potatoes (and other things), "It's part of my job" and yes they would certainly be a tax deduction for me. :-)))